Women must FIRST be eligible for NC BCCCP . . .
Eligibility includes –
- Women who are below 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, are uninsured or under insured, and are not covered by Medicare Part B.
- Patients must be referred to the local NCBCCCP prior to diagnosis to be eligible for Breast and Cervical Cancer Medicaid.
There are several ways you can enroll an eligible patient in NC BCCCP
- PREFERRED METHOD: Refer patient to local NCBCCCP for screening as soon as she presents with or without complaints.
- Refer patient to local NCBCCCP when there is an abnormal screening or diagnostic test result, but before cancer is diagnosed.
- Provide preliminary screening test (CBE, screening and/or diagnostic mammogram, Pap test, colposcopy, etc.) with referral.
Final diagnostic testing will be done through NCBCCCP with NCBCCCP funds.
Physicians Be Aware: A patient referred by a non-BCCCP provider must be referred and enrolled in BCCCP prior to receiving a diagnosis of breast or cervical cancer to be eligible for BCCM.
For more information, contact the North Carolina
Breast and Cervical Cancer Program